We spent almost a month in March at Peach Country RV Park in Stonewall, Texas, (in the Hill Country), but didn't take many pictures because most of the places we went and things we did were a replay of last year's visit to the area. As a result I don't really have a report for that timeframe.
We've been back at our pad in Rock Island since late March and have been spending most of our time with the kids, grandkids, Roger's mom, and the Indians. The Choctaws have a place (yeah, a casino) here and they've been really nice to us this time! When we first got back I won about $1500--and when I say "won", that's what I walked out with over what I had when I went in! A few days later I won a little more and another day Roger walked out with over $500 of winnings. Of course that was almost a month ago and since then we've discovered the meaning of "Indian giver"...what they gave us they've gradually been taking back! Oh, well, we've been having fun on those winnings.
We finally got a new LED TV and Roger did a fantastic job of installing it! I have to admit I had some reservations about letting him start cutting cabinets, but once he finished, it looked like a professional job. And it's really nice to have a bigger screen--and we discovered that what people have been saying about HD is true--it really IS a lot clearer.
A couple of weeks ago I went to Florida with five other ladies. We had a 5-bedroom house right on the the beach at Indian Pass, about halfway between Appalachacola and Port St. Joe.

We walked on the beach, ate, drank, shopped, ate, walked on the beach and soaked up some sun while we were there.

We made the trip in a Surburban and by the time we'd added a few items each from our shopping excursions, we were really crammed in like sardines. Here's what it looked like when we got home.
So far all the serious storms have missed us, but we have had some threatening weather and our hearts go out to all those who were in the paths of the terrible tornadoes this spring.
We probably won't update our blog again until we're back in Eagle Nest, but we WILL eventually be back. If you're on Facebook, we'll alert you to any updates, or you can "Follow" us on Blogger and receive an e-mail when a new post is made.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!
Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.