Saturday, October 19, 2013

Catching up after a year in Florida and New Mexico

I have to admit that I've gotten lazy about updating our blog...it's just quicker and easier to use Facebook for more frequent short updates. Since I can take pictures with my phone and just hit a button to post there, I tend to forget about this media. I couldn't believe it when I looked at how long it had been since I posted here! Sadly, I just found the beginning of a post that I'd started back in March! Once I finish this one, I may go back and add some pics to the other one and add it to the blog.

We've made Eagle Nest, New Mexico, our summer home... It has perfect summer weather and we've made great friends in the RV Park where we stay from mid-June until usually mid-September. We continue to enjoy the wildlife in the area, including buffalo, bears, mule deer and a multitude of elk.
Roger sees the elk between us and Eagle Nest Lake more often than I do because they start moving about daylight and cross the highway and are up in the mountain by the time I get awake.

The past two winters we've gone to Fort Pickens Campground near Pensacola Beach, Florida. In February we took a Caribbean cruise from Ft Lauderdale. Since I didn't get the previous post completed, here are a few pics. The Segway tour at Turks and Caicos was a blast! We also visited San Juan, St. Thomas and Holland America's private island in the Bahamas where our group had a Private Oasis for the day.

Although the cruise was wonderful, we've cruised before so we knew what to expect. However, we recently had an experience that truly deserves a Blog Entry and this time I WILL get it done !!! We just spent over a week on the Sandia Resort and Casino parking lot in Albuquerque.
The reason this is important is because their parking lot overlooks Balloon Fiesta Park! The big international balloon festival was held there from October 5-12 this year and it was truly AWESOME!!! Words and pictures can't do justice to this event, but we want to share a small part of what we saw the past week.
The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta had been high on my "bucket list" as something I wanted to experience at least once. But now that I've been there, once in a lifetime MAY not be enough! I've decided it wouldn't be a sport I'd enjoy participating in (they have to start MUCH too early in the morning for me!), but to experience the beauty of them in the air is worth getting up with the sun for a few days.

We'll be around Fort Smith through Christmas and then we'll be back on the beach...I'll try to make a post to the blog and share some pics while we're there this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!

Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.