Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First week at Gulf Waters

My, but time flies when you're having fun! Weather has been beautiful and the flowers are blooming everywhere! The hibiscus are especially gorgeous right now and these bushes separate our patio from the site next door:


We've been walking on the beach almost every morning, going a little farther each day. We did skip our walk yesterday because we had a cabinet repair guy coming at 9 a.m. to fix my cooktop cover that had cracked...I won't go into detail about the stupidity that caused it to crack, but I was nervous every time I had to move it to use the cooktop for fear it would break in half and cause mucho damage to the ceramic tile floor (or my feet)!!! Anyway, he did a great job and now I can relax when I need to move it.

After he left we loaded up the dog and made a trip to see Lake Corpus Christi. The 50-something miles to get there wasn't a very scenic trip through the cotton fields and although the lake and park were nice enough, nothing really grabbed us enough to take a picture...after we'd left the area it dawned on us that we had no pics to post on our blog! Sorry!

We did take some photos of the ferryboats that we've ridden dozens of times between Port Aransas and Aransas Pass since we've been in the area! There are signs along the highway explaining the ferry rules and I laugh every time I read the one that states "Ferry capacity is determined by the number of vehicles that can be loaded safely".....DUH!

We've spent a lot of time the past week just sitting around enjoying the view of the pond and watching the turtles and variety of birds that come in and out. These two coots call the pond home and can be seen floating around together frequently:
This afternoon they actually ventured up onto the bank just in front of where we were sitting:

And this egret that we see occasionally on the other side of the pond came over to visit as well:
This long-legged PVC bird that comes in a variety of colors is also quite common in the park:
I guess that's all the news for now, but stay tuned....we'll be back soon with "something" to report!

2 comments:

  1. You two are having way too much fun.

    We are at SKP headquarters for the next 5 weeks. Hope to see you soon.

    Joe and Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bird pictures. Looks like a nice park. We get on the road next WED! Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!

Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.