I know this update won't be as detailed as if I'd found time to post as we went along, but I'll try to fill you in on some of what we did since our last update.
(NOTE: I'd written our update for the summer as we traveled back to Arklahoma, but just haven't had time to add pics and get it posted. We were met by the staff at Roger's mom's Assisted Living Facility giving us the news that it was now time to move her to a nursing home. Her condition has progressed beyond the "legal" limits of Assisted Living, so we've been busy finding a suitable place and will be moving her today.)
As you know from our previous posts, we spent the summer (or most of it) at Weather's RV Park in Eagle Nest, NM—one of our favorite parks owned and run by our favorite hostess, Marti.
In July our son-in-law Tom and his friend Marty rode their motorcycles from Arkansas to Eagle Nest. They pitched tents at “Cyrus Corner”....
The first part of August we went to Colorado for a couple of weeks—first stop was Turquoise Lake at Leadville:
Bobby & Melba and Mike were with us and we were joined by friends from Minnesota, Jack & Mary with their grandsons Damien and Tanner, and Mike's girlfriend Diana. Texas friends Joe & Barbara and Gary & Jewel also joined us for some or all of the trip.
We were there during Leadville's Boom Days Festival and enjoyed watching the parade
and the Pack Burro Race up Mosquito Pass.
Well, that covers about half the summer. Since it takes awhile to get pics added, I decided to go ahead and get this much posted now and I'll post another update soon with the rest of the summer. Come back to visit in a few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!
Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.