Sunday, May 6, 2012
Long overdue update.....
It's been so long since I've posted and so much has happened that I hardly know where to start! I think I'll just skip the Fort Pickens, Florida and Stonewall, Texas part, even though there were a lot of interesting places and people I could tell you about... Maybe I'll come back with pics and stories about that later for those who live vicariously through our blog. But lately, you wouldn't really have wanted to be in our shoes!
We were almost on our way home from Texas when we received a call from Roger's mom's hospice nurse that it might be advisable for us to come back immediately. Sure enough, she was losing her battle with PSP. We were home two weeks before she passed on April 6th. Her obituary and a lovely video tribute can be seen (for a few more days at least) at www.lewisfuneralchapel.net and search Elizabeth Cyrus. We really miss her but her last years had been so difficult that we try to find comfort in knowing that she's now in a better place.
Then on April 22nd our grandson Brian had a motorcycle wreck and was in ICU for a week with 2 broken vertebrae, 5 broken ribs, a collapsed lung, broken shoulder blade, torn ligaments in one ankle plus a concussion! He had surgery on his back to insert a rod, the other injuries are healing and he's now on the long road to recovery. He was moved to the rehab wing of the hospital Friday and will be there for an undetermined length of time--initially for 2 weeks, then on a week-to-week basis, depending on his progress. Here's a really sweet picture of Brian and his little Ryder that was taken the day Brian got moved from ICU.
Maybe I'll get another update done to our blog soon, but can't make any promises. By now, I may have lost all my followers, but if you're still hanging around waiting for me to post something, THANK YOU! I'll try to do better in the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!
Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.