Monday, September 1, 2008

Still in Eagle Nest

We've been busy the past week but the only sightseeing trips have been places I've already written about and we didn't take any new pictures. I thought I'd better post something, though, so those of you who read the blog wouldn't think I'd deserted you.

A lot of our time lately has been spent at the RV park, just visiting with friends (new and old) and enjoying the park itself. There's a game room for socializing, playing cards or games, or working the ever-changing jigsaw puzzle. We've used the picnic pavilion for group meals and last night we had a campfire in the community firepit.

Today we had a "Poker Walk" which was organized by Marti, the owner of the park. About 15 of us who are staying at the park were given the names of 5 businesses in Eagle Nest to visit and obtain a playing card. We had to walk to town, about a mile away, collect the cards and return to the game room for homemade ice cream and prizes for different types of poker hands. Unfortunately, we didn't win a prize but had a lot of fun playing--and the ice cream was well worth the walk!

There are much nicer parks as far as things like the size of sites, landscaping or type of pad for parking the RV--but this one rates a 10 for friendliness, helpfulness and congeniality of the owner, and for VIEW! It really has a "homey" atmosphere and I hope to return next summer. However, considering the umpteen feet of snow and temps as low as 40 degrees below zero, I don't think we'd like it much in the winter--even though I'm sure it would be beautiful!

We've really fallen in love with the entire area--its scenic beauty, its wonderful people and its refreshingly cool summer weather. There's been a bit more rain than we'd have preferred, but the clouds have produced some wonderful sunsets! Here's just one more example:

1 comment:

  1. Guess we'll miss seeing y'all again, for now any way. Tell Marti hi and maybe we'll see her next year. We're heading for Santa Fe and Isleta - somewhere a little warmer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!

Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.