It was a lot of fun and even (campground owner) Marti’s little terrier Gabby got in on the action. Now Gabby isn’t an ordinary dog—he “talks” (growls) incessantly whenever anyone pets him. I’d never seen this kind of terrier (will have to tell you later the type because Marti’s not around and I can’t remember), but he is adorable! (EDIT: Gabby is a Cairn Terrier, the same as "Toto" in Wizard of Oz. )
The party didn’t last very long but was followed by a gorgeous sunset. Here’s one photo, but I’ve decided to make a link (on the right with the others) dedicated to “New Mexico Sunsets”.
On Saturday Bobby and Melba, Roger and I took a drive that Roger had ridden on his motorcycle earlier in the week through Valle Vidal in the 
- If you’re interested in more about Turner’s Vermejo Park Ranch, here’s a link to their website: http://vermejoparkranch.com/
Continuing on directly into the National Forest, we did stop at Shuree Ponds for some pictures:
The scenery kept getting more spectacular as we drove—unfortunately, pictures of the mountains just don’t do justice to how beautiful they really are. From the top of the mountains “I could see for miles and miles and miles” and every time we go for a drive in this area, that song keeps popping into my mind:

After about 35 miles of dirt road we started through what I assume would be called 
The dirt road finally ran into pavement about 30 miles from Cerro where we’d found a great little Mexican cafĂ© on a previous trip, so we stopped at The Plaza for lunch before heading back to Eagle Nest. Altogether, the trip was probably about a 150-mile circle and took almost 6 hours—a perfect day!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!
Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.