Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just hanging around....

The sun finally came out for a couple of days after over 3 weeks of dreary, rainy days...had another rainstorm last night, but while it's still cloudy it looks like it may be over for a few days.

Nothing much to report since I posted last. Roger and I have both gotten addicted to a game on Facebook called Farm Town so that's where all our "spare" time has been going lately. If you haven't signed up for Facebook yet, it's a great way to keep up with family and friends,to locate people you haven't seen in ages--or to keep yourself occupied planting and harvesting crops and trying to expand your farm into a plantation.

I recently had a message from an old friend's daughter who had seen me on one of HER friend's Facebook pages. My friend and I had lost touch several years ago after she'd moved away, re-married and we, of course, are no longer in the phone book. Neither of us had any idea how to find the other--she recently moved back to Fort Smith and mentioned to her daughter that she wished she knew how to find me. So the daughter contacted HER friend who knew how to locate me on Facebook and sent me a message...long story short, my friend and I had a nice lunch and a good visit yesterday! I'm really excited about catching up with her again after all these years.

We're working on getting some of our things left over from when we sold our house 4 years ago to Roger's mom's house to sell in the auction on May 30. If we haven't used these things in that time, chances are we never will!

In the meantime, we're just hanging around Fort Smith and counting the days until we get back on the road and head out to Eagle Nest, NM, at the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!

Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.