One day a bunch of us decided to go to Angel Fire to ride the ski lift...I can't say I was enthused about the idea and my plan was to wait at the bottom for the others to ride. But it's free for anyone over 60 so when Roger got the tickets, he got one for me, too. Reluctantly, I got on it and off we went! Since everyone decided to have lunch at the top of the mountain, it's a good thing I did. It's a much bigger lift than the one at Red River, each seat holding up to four passengers. Here are some pics Roger took, but I have to say I didn't see the view on the way down—it's hard to see much with your eyes closed!
While Bobby and Melba's kids and grandkids were visiting (with their 4-wheelers and motorcycles), Roger went on some rides with them. The first time they went out, it came a hailstorm on their way to Greenie Peak--here's the view they had of the mountains and how the group weathered the storm (notice the white on the red KLR):
Since we've been here, we've been attending an outdoor church at Idlewild, a small community in the mountain near Eagle Nest. It's quite unique, as you can see:
Our daughter Lisa, son-in-law Tom and granddaughter Amber were here all last week with their 5th-wheel and motorcycles. Everyone had a great time, with the guys taking a lot of long motorcycle rides
I have some more great photos to share, but will wait for another day (hopefully sometime this week!) when there aren't so many other things to post....stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!
Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.