When we downloaded our pictures I discovered that we had taken a picture of the "Visitor's Center" where I broke my wrist! It's the small building on the left and we'd taken the photo because it replaced a large VERY nice, picturesque building before Hurricane Ike wiped it out in the fall of 2008.

We made several trips to the beaches at Mustang and Padre Islands while we were on the coast...and one day we made it all the way to the south end of (north) Padre!!! The National Seashore is 63 miles from where you get on the beach down to the cut between North and South Padre. Due to some areas of soft sand and the tides, it's not an everyday possibility, so we were excited to make it. Bobby & Melba went with us and we found several sand dollars and some other shells that are rarely found on the other beaches we go to.
Here are a couple of pics we took that day (the land seen across the water is the north end of South Padre Island and the picnic table we're on is the ONLY sign of civilization between there and the entrance to the seashore):
Another day the four of us took the Jetty Boat shuttle to St. Jo's Island--found more shells and had fun just walking the beach. We also took a day trip to Progresso, Mexico, and South Padre Island. Here's a photo of us at the Mexican border and one of the beach at South Padre:
When I went to the doctor last week he said I didn't have to wear my splint any longer so we moved from the coast to the "Hill Country" of Texas and I'll see a therapist here next week--still have some pain and have a way to go before my hand is back to normal.
We spent a week at Gulf Waters RV Resort in Port Aransas before we moved north--I love being able to walk to the beach, but the weather wasn't really great while we were there--in fact, weather hasn't been great all winter!
We're now at an RV park in Stonewall, about 50 miles from San Antonio and 12 miles from Fredericksburg. There are a lot of good motorcycle roads around and Roger has lots of riding buddies here, so maybe the weather will be nice until we head back to Arklahoma later in March.
If anything exciting happens, I'll try to post before it becomes old news.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!
Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.