A friend posted not long ago that if we waited until there were something of real interest to post, there would be days on end that the blog wouldn't be updated. That's especially true for us when we're at our home base for weeks at a time.
We stay super-busy when we're here, but it's things like visiting family...2 daughters and their families, Roger's mom, and now--of course!--the new great-grandson! There are also the numerous trips to WalMart, Walgreens, Hobby Lobby, Michael's and the supermarket, plus an occasional stop at our local Indian casino. But (other than the day I won $300), those things aren't truly worthy of a blog post.
We really like to have pictures to post along with the text, but sometimes that's not possible, either. So, today I thought I'd just post some restaurant reviews for the Rockport/Corpus area and list a few restaurants that we can recommend if you're ever in the area:
China A Buffet on Hwy 35B in Rockport is exceptional. All-you-can-eat lunch was (I think) $5.49 a person and as much as I love boiled shrimp, they didn't make much off me even if I hadn't also indulged in the rest of the buffet. Food was really good with a great selection of anything Oriental that you can imagine and the presentation was wonderful!
The Big Fisherman, also in Rockport on Hwy. 188, is renowned for their Tuesday all-you-can-eat fish, chicken, chicken-fried steak or chicken livers for a ridiculous price of $2.25 a person! However, we never went on Tuesday because Roger "doesn't do lines" and there's no way to avoid a long line on that day of the week. So we usually went on either Thursday or Sunday when there were only two choices for that same price and you only got one serving--but that was always as much as we wanted, anyway. Even their regular lunch prices were quite reasonable and we thought the food was good.
Catfish Charlies near the corner of Airline Drive and McArdle Drive in Corpus was also very good. Roger always had their chicken-fried steak and said it was great, the hushpuppies were really good as were the fish and the gumbo.
A couple of other places worth mention were Snoopy's just off the bridge between Corpus and Padre Island for fish and chips and also Pelican's Landing in Port Aransas which had some of the BEST hot bread I've ever tasted. Their garlic fish was delicious, too. Of course, we'd have to add Whataburger simply because it's our favorite quick and decent burger joint and we don't have them in Arkansas, so that's where we always (and often!) went if we just wanted fast, filling and cheap!
Can you tell we ate out a LOT while we were at the beach?
I guess that's enough rambling for one night, but I did add some pics to our albums on the right entitled "Our Family" and "Friends Along the Way" if you're interested. And if Roger goes on a motorcycle ride this weekend and brings me some pics, maybe there will be something interesting for our next post.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to let us hear from you!
Please let us know if you prefer NOT to have your comments published to this blog. Otherwise, when we receive the comment via e-mail it will be added to the day's entry.